I received a great nod of approval last weekend. A blogger that I have followed for almost two years, Mrs. N in Japan, nominated me for the the Liebster Award. I enjoy her writing, so I hope you’ll visit her site.
What is the Liebster Award you ask? It’s an award given by a blogger to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, with an aim to help others discover and spot new bloggers.
The rules are simple. Pay it forward by writing a post that:
- Acknowledges the blog that nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Here are my answers to the questions from Mrs. N:
1) Why did you start blogging?
I enjoy writing and photography. Blogging makes use of both of these skills.
2) How did you decide on your blog name?
It’s an acknowledgment that, since birth, my feet have been planted in two cultures: Japanese and American. I also balance my life between living in a city and spending time in the outdoors.
3) What is your favorite post that you have written (link please) ?
4) If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
I think I’d like to be Oprah Winfrey for a day. She’s smart, thoughtful and so articulate.
5) If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I have always been curious about Iceland. A cousin recently married an Icelandic man and lives there now so I feel extra motivation to make the journey.
6) What is the most difficult situation you have found yourself in?
Caring for my father in his final days was challenging but rewarding. I felt privileged to have been able to do it for him. It was hard emotionally to handle all of his final affairs after he died.
7) Would you say that you are an introvert or an extrovert?
8) Where do you prefer to live-city, country or someplace in-between?
I like living in a walkable community–a place where I can easily walk to markets, coffee shops, parks, transit and other services. That puts me in an urban environment.
9) If you went to Japan what is the one thing that you would want most to do?
I have relatives in Japan and have visited the country several times, but I have never been to Hokkaido. I would like to go skiing there someday and soak in hotsprings!
10) What is your favorite book?
There are so many books that I like! I guess I would pick The Stand by Stephen King.
11) What is your biggest challenge?
These days, my biggest challenge is carving out time for personal pursuits, but I’m working on it!
My nominations for the Liebster Award
I nominate these fine folks and share their blogs with you, so please give them a read:
The questions for my nominees are:
If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
Tell me about an experience or person who shaped your life for the better.
What is your favorite season and why?
How did you choose the name of your blog?
What is your favorite blog post that you have written (link to it please)?
Name one thing that you want to do or accomplish in 2018.
If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
What has been a rewarding moment for you as a blogger?
Recommend a movie that you like.
What one piece of advice would you give a teenager today?
Thanks again, Mrs N, for nominating me. And nominees, you’re not obligated to carry this through, but I hope you accept with a post of your own.